From Mark Robson <mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Operation timed out - received only 0 responses from .
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:22:16 GMT
2009/11/28 <mobiledreamers@gmail.com>

> thanks i dont have more than 1 node ie just one node operation
> so dunno if the timeout increase will help

Presumably this is a test system on a vmware; it may have insufficient
memory.

I'd say make sure that your test virtual machine (vmware etc) has at least
1.5G of ram allocated and the Java VM is tuned suitably. Don't run on a
32-bit system as this limits the size of the Java heap too small.

I'm speculating here, but you didn't give us much to work on.

A production Cassandra node should have at least 16G of ram as it's really
cheap. Ram doesn't use much power and power is the main consideration for
datacentres nowadays. A 64-bit system is necessary as otherwise you'll be
limited to a <3G Java heap, which makes having 16G ram pointless.

Mark