From Simon Smith <simongsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra users survey
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:51:32 GMT
The company I'm with is still small and in the early stages, but we're
planning on using Cassandra for user profile information (in
development right now), and possibly other uses later on.  We
evaluated CouchDB and Voldermort, and both of those were great as well
- for CouchDB, I really liked Futon but had some stability issues and
didn't like the manual replication.  Voldermort may be great, but I
couldn't figure out the API (which probably says more about me than
Voldermort).

One of the reasons we chose Cassandra is because we feel like it is
being used in other situations which required scaling.  I'm looking
forward to v0.5 because of load-balancing and for better support for
the situation where a node is lost permanently.

I'm very pleased with the high level of support for Cassandra, both on
this mailing list and on IRC.

Simon