From Ramzi Rabah <>
Subject Is get_key_range used internally by Cassandra
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 03:13:57 GMT
Hello all,

I am seeing this exception in 4.1 Cassandra:
ERROR [pool-1-thread-64] 2009-11-02 20:24:32,606 (line
800) Internal error processing get_key_range
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException:
Operation timed out.
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.getKeyRange(
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.get_key_range(
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor$get_key_range.process(
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor.process(
        at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.getKeyRange(
        ... 7 more

in the cassandra logs. This is probably related to because I have too
many consecutive deletes.

The weird thing is that none of my clients are calling get_key_range
on the cassandra servers, so this exception baffles me. Why would I be
seeing these exceptions then? Does cassandra internally make any calls
to get_key_range?

View raw message