From Jonathan Mischo <jmis...@quagility.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra access control
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:36:41 GMT
Conditional +1 here:

+1
IF the Keyspace parameter is optional in 0.6 forward, but not
completely eliminated
AND IF login() has an optional param for keyspace
AND IF the backend stores a list of keyspaces you're authorized to
access once you're authenticated if you don't specify a single
keyspace you're authenticating to (this should be very simple and
lightweight)

Does that all make sense?  The second note above is probably not
strictly necessary for 0.5, but it streamlines the third note, since
in 90+% of cases, you'll be working with a single keyspace and can
save overhead by just authenticating to that single keyspace.

On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:20 AM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:06:02 -0600 Jonathan Ellis
> <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> JE> 2009/11/12 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
> JE> The default should definitely be, "don't break people who don't
> need
> JE> the new feature more than necessary."  So the default should be
> JE> "accept any client to any keyspace."
>>>
>>> Hmm, I thought we were going to limit access to a single keyspace
>>> upon
>>> login.  You want to keep allowing multiple keyspaces?  That would