From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra access control
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:16:59 GMT
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:09:19 -0600 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> I created an issue:

TZ> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-547

TZ> and will post updates there as needed.  This is stage 1, meaning this is
TZ> the 0.5 work that will keep the old API.  Stage 2 will remove the
TZ> Keyspace parameters from the API so I'll put that work in a different
TZ> issue, linked to CASSANDRA-547.

I found a good open-source library for auth*:
http://kasai.manentiasoftware.com/

Has anyone used it?  Looking at the source and API docs, it's decent and
supports several backends out of the box, including MySQL, PostgreSQL,
and SQL Server (which covers Sybase too).  I'd rather use it than put my
own together :)

It uses http://www.scribblin.gs/software/sysauth.html to provide a PAM
interface (which can then hook into LDAP/AD/etc. securely); an example
of SysAuth use with JBoss is at
http://www.mrchucho.net/2004/12/27/jboss-linux-authentication/

Unless there are any objections I'll use Kasai.

Ted