From "Freeman, Tim" <tim.free...@hp.com>
Subject Suppose I used RackAware and then lost a rack. Then what?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:06:19 GMT
I suppose the point behind RackAware is that you can lose one rack or datacenter and then recover
somehow.  How would the recovery work?  I'd probably have part of my cluster left, the replication
factor would be three, and I'd have less than a quorum for some of the rows.  I'd have to
add a bunch of new nodes in the remaining datacenter, then I'd have to somehow initiate a
read repair to get a quorum back.  I can't fill in the details.  Is there a document I should
read about this?

Tim Freeman
Email: tim.freeman@hp.com
Desk in Palo Alto: (650) 857-2581
Home: (408) 774-1298
Cell: (408) 348-7536 (No reception business hours Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; call my desk
instead.)