From elsif <elsif.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Cassandra client connecting to a pool of servers?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:23:14 GMT
We are using the open source tcp balancer from
http://www.inlab.de/balance.html without any issues so far.

Freeman, Tim wrote:
> I'd like to be able to say that a cluster of Cassandra servers keeps working even if
one of the nodes goes down.  This would require the clients to connect to a different node
if the one that it's using goes down.  Is there code on the client side to do this already?

> There's a "Cassandra.Client object pool" mentioned at the bottom of http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientExamples,
but I can't immediately tell if that's alluding to something that exists in the source that
I haven't found yet, or perhaps it's something that doesn't exist that the client would have
to build.