From ROGER PUIG GANZA <rp...@tid.es>
Subject cassandra slow write
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:01:08 GMT
Hello, I' doing some tests with Cassandra, but I get a very slow performance, it does 100.000
inserts in 215 seconds while mysql takes 79 secs
The code below is the one I'm using, is there anything wrong with my Cassandra or java understanding?
The configuration-file params are the default ones.
Thank you!

cassandraInserter(){
long ini = System.currentTimeMillis();
            TTransport tr = new TSocket(ip, port);
            TBinaryProtocol proto = new TBinaryProtocol(tr);
            Client client = new Client(proto);

            try {
                  tr.open();
            } catch (TTransportException e1) {
                  e1.printStackTrace();
            }

            for (int i = 0; i < N; i++) {
                  try {
                        long timestamp = System.currentTimeMillis();
                        List<ColumnOrSuperColumn> columns = new ArrayList<ColumnOrSuperColumn>();
                        Map<String, List<ColumnOrSuperColumn>> map = new HashMap<String,
List<ColumnOrSuperColumn>>();

                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col1, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col2, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col3, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col4, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col4, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col5, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col6, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col7, data, timestamp),
null));
                        columns.add(new ColumnOrSuperColumn(new Column(col8, data, timestamp),
null));
                        acl.put(colfamily, columns);
                        client.batch_insert(keyspace, key, map, ConsistencyLevel.ONE);
                  } catch (TTransportException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                  } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                  } catch (InvalidRequestException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                  } catch (UnavailableException e) {