Cheers,  I looked at dictmixin, thought may as well subclass dict, but i'll check it out again now, thanks for the tip.
Ben

On 9 Oct 2009, at 18:25, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

One suggestion -- consider subclassing DictMixin, instead of dict
itself.  DictMixin is designed for creating things that have a
dict-like api, but aren't actually dicts, whereas dict itself
obviously isn't. :)  Tends to work out cleaner in my experience.

Just my two cents,

-Jonathan

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Ben Eliott