OK, so I don't need to use tokenupdater, what are the steps to rebalance data around the circle?

In my test example (see below), I have A, D, B and C (clockwise) where
A holds 1/3 of the data
D - 1/6
B - 1/6
C - 1/3
I'm willing to change tokens manually, it's all right.
How do I tell all nodes to move data around in version 0.4? Do I change token on node A and restart it with -b? Then same for the rest? restarting only one node at a time?