From Ramzi Rabah <rra...@playdom.com>
Subject Re: Encountering timeout exception when running get_key_range
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:17:22 GMT
So my cluster has 4 nodes node6, node8, node9 and node10. I turned
them all off.
1- I started node6 by itself and still got the problem.
2- I started node8 by itself and it ran fine (returned no keys)
3- I started node9 by itself and still got the problem.
4- I started node10 by itself and still got the problem.

Ray

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's really strange...  Can you reproduce on a single-node cluster?
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Ramzi Rabah <rrabah@playdom.com> wrote:
>> The rows are very small. There are a handful of columns per row
>> (approximately about 4-5 columns per row).
>> Each column has a name which is a String (20-30 characters long), and
>> the value is an empty array of bytes (new byte[0]).
>> I just use the names of the columns, and don't need to store any
>> values in this Column Family.
>>
>> -- Ray
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Can you tell me anything about the nature of your rows?  Many/few
>>> columns?  Large/small column values?

have

server writes into
Cassandra.java (line