From Mark Robson <mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search and ACL
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:47:22 GMT
2009/9/13 <contact@shahan.me>

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> So the best way to use Cassandra would be at least behind a firewall.
>
> In the future is it possible to add a username/password type security in? I
> plan to support the project, just as soon as I have some revenue coming in
> through my business.

I can't imagine anyone using Cassandra on public IP address space i.e.
without a firewall. It's the same use-case as memcached, which also has no
authentication or security.

The thrift protocol could in principle use a username/password I guess - I
imagine that the reason that it doesn't is that Facebook have never required
one.

Mark