From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: Cassandra cluster setup [WAS Re: usage]
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:06:50 GMT
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Kirill A. Korinskiy
<> wrote:
>> Cassandra automatically shards your data based on the Partitioner you
>> have setup in storage-conf.xml.  The copies are controlled by the
>> ReplicationFactor setting in the same configuration file.  If all your
>> nodes are in the same data center, then the default
>> ReplicaPlacementStrategy of RackUnawareStrategy should be fine.
> ok. But on my test all my data go to two nodes.

Until load balancing (ticket 192) is done, you need to choose the node
tokens so that the keys are spread among them evenly. You can do this
either with InitialToken in the configuration, or by using the token
updater script in bin/.

View raw message