From Eric Bowman <ebow...@boboco.ie>
Subject random n00b question
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:05:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm just getting started looking at Cassandra, and wondering if is a
possible fit around the shape of the problem we think we need to solve. :)

In a nutshell, what I'm wondering is whether it would be possible to use
Cassandra as front-end kind of session database, with commits eventually
(offline?) trickled serially into a legacy SQL database.

Could we achieve this kind of thing using the existing API, or would be
need to integrate somewhat more deeply?

One thing I wouldn't want to do, is limit the kind of range queries we
could do, in order to make this kind of thing work.

Kind of vague, but any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric Bowman