From Todd English <tengl...@popcap.com>
Subject usage
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:54:39 GMT
Hello all,

We were just at Facebook talking to some of its developers and asked
them about Cassandra. The people in the room had no idea what we were
talking about. One of them mentioned that they open sourced the Facebook
"data store" three years ago but it was awful and no longer used
internally. I'm wondering if we were talking to the wrong developers, if
the "data store" was some other project or was/is it Cassandra.

I see that Facebook is listed in the "Powered by" section but am unsure
what to make of our meeting.

Thank you for any insight you can provide,
Todd English