How was it used in the original?

On Aug 3, 2009, at 8:49 AM, Jun Rao wrote:

Ivan,

The original cassandra keeps multiple versions of the column data. However, that support has been removed in the apache code. Right now, only the latest version is kept. In the future, we could add the versioning support back.

Jun
IBM Almaden Research Center
K55/B1, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA 95120-6099

junrao@almaden.ibm.com

<graycol.gif>Ivan Chang ---08/03/2009 08:24:50 AM---Does Cassandra support MVCC? I am building an application with concurrent updates (add, update, dele

<ecblank.gif>
From:
<ecblank.gif>
Ivan Chang <ivan.chang@medigy.com>
<ecblank.gif>
To:
<ecblank.gif>
cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
<ecblank.gif>
Date:
<ecblank.gif>
08/03/2009 08:24 AM
<ecblank.gif>
Subject:
<ecblank.gif>
MVCC

Does Cassandra support MVCC?

I am building an application with concurrent updates (add, update, delete) and one of the requirements is to be able to run audits that reproduce all the update histories and the data objects in different versions.  What's the best way to go about this in Cassandra?  As long as histories and versions are maintained?  Does Cassandra support MVCC?

-Ivan