Is this going to be an inherent limitation of Cassandra?

There is no doubt many applications will benefit from db with build-in support for mutliple versions of the same data - features that allow reversal of operations, applications that require historical data maintained (e.g. credit/debit application) for indefinite amount of time or number of versions.

It would be nice to be able to configure column famillies with versioning attrbutes.
Would we ever get that or we have to implement our own version stack in Cassandra.

-Ivan

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Jun Rao<junrao@almaden.ibm.com> wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> The original cassandra keeps multiple versions of the column data.

No, it didn't.  (It had versioning-related bugs but multiple versions
a la Bigtable was never part of the design.)

-Jonathan