From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: when using nodeprobe: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:34:15 GMT
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Simon Smith<simongsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a traceback when using nodeprobe against Cassandra.

That looks like a Thrift bug. :(

Can you try an older version of Cassandra, e.g. trunk from a week ago,
or the beta1 release, to see if the Thrift library upgrade from
yesterday is responsible?

> Any hints as to what is going on?  Do I need to be on a machine with
> more memory and crank the JVM -Xmx up?  And just to confirm, are there
> any non-recommended Linux systems, and are there any recommended ones?

EC2 in general has terrible I/O performance.  But I don't know of any
specific linux distribution problems.  (Although isn't FC8 pretty
old?)

-Jonathan