From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server cannot startup after shutdown
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:39:15 GMT
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Brian Frank
Cooper<cooperb@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> Is the commitlog small enough that you can gzip it and attach to JIRA
>> (10 MB limit)?
>
> /var/cassandra/commitlog has 215 files totaling about 28 GB. Most are 134 MB, the last
one is 6MB. Which one would be useful to you?

Can you update to trunk and re-run recovery with log level set to
DEBUG?  It will log the file it is in like this:

DEBUG - Replaying
/var/lib/cassandra/commitlog/CommitLog-1251137387800.log starting at
117

then before it errors out the last entry like

DEBUG - Reading mutation at 666

> That's the curious thing; there were no writes in progress. In fact, my experiment had
finished about 24 hours before, and there was no load in between, and then I shut down and
still couldn't restart. I figured all the writes would have committed by then.

Must be a different bug, then.  Thanks for finding it for us! :)

-Jonathan