From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: MVCC
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:48:08 GMT
It's not moderated (click the login link to get to a signup form).
Changes are sent to the -commits list where anyone interested (like me
:) can review them.

P.S. sorry for the signup captcha questions -- someone apparently
thought they were cute, but they typically take a bit of googling to
answer.  Not our fault! :)

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Mark McBride<> wrote:
> Cool.  There are a few things I've found out recently that should
> probably go into the wiki (this, the fact that get_columns_since
> silently returns no results if your column family isn't ordered by
> time)... is it moderated at all?  Should I run changes by the mailing
> list?
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Jonathan Ellis<> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Mark McBride<> wrote:
>>> Thanks, that makes sense.  Is it an ok general rule that the
>>> timestamps should be set to
>>> 1) The time that the data to be mutated was generated
>>> 2) The current system time if the time the data was mutated isn't available
>> Yes.
>>> Looking around at code it seems like time 0 is used a lot, which seems
>>> pretty dangerous.
>> We do this in test code to make it obviously clock-independent, yes.
>> -Jonathan

View raw message