From Brian Frank Cooper <coop...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Server cannot startup after shutdown
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:26:16 GMT
> Is the commitlog small enough that you can gzip it and attach to JIRA
> (10 MB limit)?

/var/cassandra/commitlog has 215 files totaling about 28 GB. Most are 134 MB, the last one
is 6MB. Which one would be useful to you?

> Right, but you can still have an incomplete write in progress if you
> shut down while writes are still happening.

That's the curious thing; there were no writes in progress. In fact, my experiment had finished
about 24 hours before, and there was no load in between, and then I shut down and still couldn't
restart. I figured all the writes would have committed by then.

thanks...

brian