From Mark McBride <mark.mcbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Visual representation of Cassandra data model
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:57:26 GMT
While working on an updated data model wiki page I'm trying to put
together a graphical representation of the data model.  I threw this
together based on Curt's goal of modeling delicious.  The basic gist
is descriptive data for tags, users, and bookmarks goes in the
Description column family.  The relationships between bookmarks, tags
and users goes in the map supercolumn.  I'm not sure this is how you
would do it in production (I'm guessing at the very least you'd want
separate supercolumns for bookmarks, tags and users), but it seems to
be simple enough for a new user to digest, and covers all the bases of
the data model (aside from ordering I guess).  So two questions

1) did I get it right (I'm new to this as well)?
2) is this a useful representation?

  ---Mark