From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Newbe´s question
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:10:06 GMT
On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 09:57 +1000, Ian Holsman wrote:
> would it be worthwhile to start including these clients in the core
> codebase? in some kind of 'client' or 'contrib' directory?

IMO, it would be better for the clients and those working on them to
continue managing them as separate projects outside of Cassandra's
code-base, (flexibility on choice of committers, vcs/tools, release
cycles, licensing, etc).

> maybe even mentioning the 'popular' clients that people use in the
> readme (with links to them) would be good.

Yeah, this is probably a good idea. Either README.txt or a
(prominent )page on the wiki (which I guess would be easier to keep to
date).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com