as a followup question

the items we are storing are extremely valuable and we are using cassandra as a sql replacement tool.. ie no more postgres and all data from cassandra, given cassandra scalability

as we hit limits on postgres and found pgpool-II horizontal partitioning too clunky and skype, plproxy requires too much rewiring the client code.

should we start with a replica factor 1 and then increase replica factor to 2
or is is prudent to start with a replica factor of 2

Can cassandra replicate even after running for a long time with a replica factor of 1, if we change the replica factor to say 2 after 2months when we add more nodes and figure there is enough space now to replicate

thanks

--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com