Hey guys
how do we answer queries of type - give me the top 10 messages
or top 10 users and so on
thanks

Example: SuperColumns for Search Apps

You can think of each supercolumn name as a term and the columns within as the docids with rank info and other attributes being a part of it. If you have keys as the userids then you can have a per-user index stored in this form. This is how the per user index for term search is laid out for Inbox search at Facebook. Furthermore since one has the option of storing data on disk sorted by "Time" it is very easy for the system to answer queries of the form "Give me the top 10 messages". For a pictorial explanation please refer to the Cassandra powerpoint slides presented at SIGMOD 2008.