From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: schema example
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 05:22:42 GMT
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Evan Weaver<eweaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> (From talking on IRC):
>
> I think this boils down to the offset/limit vs. token/limit debate.
>
> Token/limit is fine in all cases for me, but you still have to be able
> to query the head of the list (with a limit, but no token) to get
> started. Right now there is no facility for that on time-sorted column
> families:
>
>  list<column_t> get_columns_since(1:string tablename, 2:string key,
> 3:string columnParent, 4:i64 timeStamp)

basically we need _since to add the kind of functionality we have in
Slice (or will, after 261 is committed).

it's probably better to get 240 (and 185 + 189) done sooner than later
though instead of wasting effort on an API we know is broken.

(the old get_slice could do basically anything since it deserialized
the entire CF into memory.  we're moving away from that to support
larger-than-memory CFs.)

-Jonathan