From mobiledream...@gmail.com
Subject Re: keys and column names cannot be utf-8
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:30:03 GMT
*WHy not use UTF8Type or BytesType as default
*
The CompareWith attribute tells Cassandra how to sort the columns
+ for slicing operations. For backwards compatibility, the default
+ is to use AsciiType, which is probably NOT what you want.
+ Other options are UTF8Type, UUIDType, and LongType.
+ You can also specify the fully-qualified class name to a class
+ of your choice implementing org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.IType.
+
+ if FlushPeriodInMinutes is configured and positive, it will be
flushed to disk with that period whether it is dirty or not.
This is intended for lightly-used columnfamilies so that they
do not prevent commitlog segments from being purged.