Subject replica on in the beginning or added later
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:17:59 GMT
as a followup question
the items we are storing are extremely valuable and we are using cassandra
as a sql replacement tool.. ie no more postgres and all data from cassandra,
given cassandra scalability

as we hit limits on postgres and found pgpool-II horizontal partitioning too
clunky and skype, plproxy requires too much rewiring the client code.

should we start with a replica factor 1 and then increase replica factor to
or is is prudent to start with a replica factor of 2

Can cassandra replicate even after running for a long time with a replica
factor of 1, if we change the replica factor to say 2 after 2months when we
add more nodes and figure there is enough space now to replicate

Bidegg worlds best auction site

View raw message