From mobiledream...@gmail.com
Subject Re: one server or more servers?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:10:19 GMT
Mark and JonathanI m lost here

Dont we need to specify atleast the server ip address in  the conf file. How
would cassandra know which ips they are running in ie the other servers.

I can see there is a way to specify seed but how would the seeds pick up the
other servers if they do not know their ip address

Also given the unlimited # of ips it cannot jus go thru each one of the ips
and ping 7001

*Servers other than seeds are automatically picked up by the cluster when
they start up; the nodes talk amongst themselves to figure out who's there.

--
Bidegg worlds best auction site
http://bidegg.com