From Thorsten von Eicken <...@rightscale.com>
Subject questions about operations
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 06:33:33 GMT
I'm looking at the cassandra data model and operations and I'm running
into a number of questions I have not been able to answer:

- what does get_columns_since do? I thought there's only one version of
a column stored. I'm puzzled about the "since" aspect.

- is the Thrift interface for get_superColumn correct? It seems to me
that "3:string columnFamily" should really be "3:string
columnFamily_superColumnName" (I know this doesn't have any functional
impact, just makes it hard to understand what the operation does)

- is the Thrift interface for get_slice_super correct? It seems to me
that "3:string columnFamily_superColumnName" should really be "3:string
columnFamily"

- what does get_key_range do? It looks like it returns a list of keys,
but why does one have to specify a list of column family names?

- what does touch do?

Thanks much!
Thorsten - CTO RightScale