From: Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com>
To: cassandra-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:44:59 AM
Subject: Re: Ingesting from Hadoop to Cassandra

Have you benchmarked the batch insert apis?  If that is "fast enough"
then it's by far the simplest way to go.

Otherwise you'll have to use the binarymemtable stuff which is
undocumented and not exposed as a client api (you basically write a
custom "loader" version of cassandra to use it, I think).  FB used
this for their own bulk loading so it works at some level, but clearly
there is some assembly required.

-Jonathan