From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ingesting from Hadoop to Cassandra
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 00:43:55 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Alexandre Linares <linares@ymail.com> wrote:
> So it actually doesn't look blocked, but it's crawling.  Of course, in
> Hadoop, it always timed out (10 mins), before I could tell that it was
> crawling (I think)

So, back to the original hypothesis: you need to increase the memory
you are giving to the JVM, (in bin/cassandra.in.sh) or increase the
flush frequency (by lowering the memtable object count threshold).

> Can you reproduce with a non-hadoop client program that you can share here?

BTW, I meant share the client code, not a client thread dump.  And
please use attachments for thread dumps or source files; it's really
impossible to read this thread on my phone with everything jammed into
the body. :)

-Jonathan