From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions around API changes
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 12:20:18 GMT
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Jonas Bonér <jonas@jonasboner.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> First, should I use this ML or the google forum?

This one.

> * What does the new timestamp arg in
> public boolean remove(String tablename, String key, String
> columnFamily_column, long timestamp, boolean block)
> specify?

It's compared against the timestamp in insert, to make sure remove
doesn't get applied to newer data than it was intended to.

> * Any reason for making ctor in CassandraServer protected? I am
> embedding Cassandra and now I have to use reflection to create the
> instance. No big deal, just checking why?

No particular reason I know of.  We can make that public.

> * I get this exception when invoking batch_update (in the previous
> release, haven't tried with the latest trunk yet):

Yeah, that's a long-standing bug.  I have a patch to fix it here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-120 that is waiting
for review.

-Jonathan