No, its not a supercolumn, how do I retrieve it if its not a supercolumn ?.

     <Table Name = "xmls">
       <ColumnFamily ColumnSort="Name" Name="content"/>
     </Table>

I didn't notice it earlier, but yes, I am seeing the following exception in the log

Exception in thread "main" com.facebook.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot write to null outputStream
    at com.facebook.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.write(Unknown Source)
    at com.facebook.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.writeI32(Unknown Source)

Thanks

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
is content a supercolumn?  otherwise specifying a subcolumn isn't going to work.

did you check your log file for exceptions?