I am new to Cassandra, just installed the latest version on my machine.  I am able to insert rows using the web (@7002), but I am not able to get a java client to insert rows into a table. Below the piece of code I am using, the insert call goes through fine without any exceptions, but I am not able to see the row in the table, so I assume its not being inserted properly.

        socket = new TSocket(machine,port);
        TProtocol tp = new TBinaryProtocol(socket);
        cl = new Cassandra.Client(tp);
        cl.insert("xmls", "x1", "content:xml", "xyz", 0);

Can you please point me to any sample code available which I can refer to ?.