From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OPHF vs. Random
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:38:14 GMT
I think that key -> endpoint might still be simpler long term but
short term there is far too much code that depends on being able to
compare both nodes and keys transformed to tokens.  Previously token
was hardcoded to be BigInteger but I introduced the abstraction
Token<T> defining compareTo(Token), so you can have Token<BigInteger>
as well as Token<String>.  The OrderPreservingPartitioner then uses
Token<String> to do lexicographic comparisons.

-Jonathan