From graham sanderson <gra...@vast.com>
Subject Issue with SizeTieredCompactionStrategy in 2.0.3
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 01:00:15 GMT
I just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6483 for an issue introduced
it seems by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6109

Note that the latter feature claims to be “off” by default, however it isn’t immediately
clear to me from the patch how that “off” is implemented, and whether it is supposed to
go down that code path even when “off"

I’d be interested if anyone can shed some light on that, I’m happy to fix the issue (but
would love to “turn it off” in the interim as it spams our ERROR monitoring - I’m guessing
there is no other actual downside, since it just fails a subset of compaction runs

Thanks,

Graham.