From Andy Cobley <acob...@computing.dundee.ac.uk>
Subject Re: C* engine
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 19:40:55 GMT
The question just as easily be asked, why not rewrite it in Erlang ?  Probably lots of advantages
to be gained there, the ability to upgrade on the fly, native message passing, functional
programming  paradigm ?

But as Brandon says, you would be throwing away so much work, would it be worth it ?

Andy

On 19 Dec 2013, at 19:22, Roman Vasilyev <rvasilyev@netflix.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Don't want to rise "holy war". Just let me share my crazy thoughts.
> I believe it could improve Cassandra speed and robustness.
>
> What people will say if I propose to have Cassandra engine written in C/C++, and this
engine will give you ability to run extensions in Java, Groovy and bunch other languages like
Perl/Python/Ruby?