From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Broken pipe : Cassandra 1.2.9
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 09:54:01 GMT
Hi,
I have a 6 node, 2DC cluster setup. I have configured consistency level to QUORUM.  But very
often i am getting "Broken pipe"
com.impetus.client.cassandra.CassandraClientBase
(CassandraClientBase.java:1926) - Error while executing native CQL
query Caused by: .
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportExceptionjava.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
       at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.write(TIOStreamTransportjava:147)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.flush(TFramedTransport.java:156)
at
org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.sendBase(TServiceClient.java:65)
at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.send_execute_cql3_query(Cassandra.java:1556)
at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.execute_cql3_query(Cassandra.java:1546)

I am simply reading few records from a column family(not huge amount of data)

Connection pooling and socket time out is properly configured. I have even modified
read_request_timeout_in_ms

request_timeout_in_ms

write_request_timeout_in_ms  in cassandra.yaml to higher value.

It works fine with single node.

any idea? Is it an issue at server side or with client API?

-Vivek