From Michael Cohen <mcohe...@gmail.com>
Subject what's a reasonable upper bound on PreparedStatement caching?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:34:36 GMT
If i'm doing some CQL query like:

select * from table
where id in (?,?,?,?.......)

but the bind parameters are variable length, because the keys are actually
stored in a set<timeuuid> column of another CF, I would potentially have
many, many PreparedStatements being compiled (and cached I assume),
potentially as many as I have rows in the other CF which contains the keys.
Is this a problem? Will the Java driver just evict them as needed from
something like an LRU cache? (If it helps, the 90th percentile will have <
500 keys.)

(The reason I've modeled things this way is because I want to avoid
creating a secondary index on the CF.)

Thanks!
Michael