From Nipuni Piyabasi Perera <nipuni880...@gmail.com>
Subject Secondary Index Storage
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 01:16:34 GMT
Hi,

I need to do a secondary index access improvement with a little
modification to Cassandra. I could see in [1], that the performance of
secondary index querying can be increased via splitting the column family
data and secondary index data.
Currently Cassandra saves keyspace data and secondary indices data in
"var/lib/cassandra/data/".
According to my understanding the data saves in the "data_file_directories"
location of conf/cassandra.yaml file. If I can enter new variable into
"cassandra.yaml" file and address it in the place where Cassandra stores
secondary indexes, this can be fixed.

Can anyone give some guidance regarding this improvement.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5502

Thanks,
Nipuni

--