From José Elias Queiroga da Costa Araújo <je...@cesar.org.br>
Subject Re: JNA to activate cassandra row cache
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:36:09 GMT
Hi Michael,

In my investigation about Cassandra cache, there is an implementation
off-heap provided to RowCache,
but this implementation is based on ByteBuffer mechanish to allocate native
memory using JNI.

However, In Datastax Cassandra documentation they say that:
"Installing JNA can improve Cassandra memory usage.
When installed and configured, Linux does not swap out the JVM,
and thus avoids related performance issues."

So my question is if Cassandra cache implementation is based ByteBuffer,
there is any real reason to install JNA?

Regards,