From jdsumsion <...@git.apache.org>
Subject cassandra pull request: JDK7 u40 stack size fixes
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 21:37:08 GMT
GitHub user jdsumsion opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/18

    JDK7 u40 stack size fixes

    I use Archlinux, and the latest OpenJDK, and run my cassandra via @pcmanus's ccm.

    When I tried the cassandra-2.0.0 branch via:
        $ ccm create -v git:cassandra-2.0.0

    Then when I say:
        $ ccm populate -n3
        $ ccm node1 start -v

    I get the following error:
        xss =  -ea -javaagent:/home/blah/.ccm/repository/1.2.2/lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar -XX:+UseThreadPriorities
-XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -Xms1985M -Xmx1985M -Xmn496M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xss180k

        The stack size specified is too small, Specify at least 228k
        Error starting node node1
        Standard error output is:
        Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
        Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

    I tracked it down to conf/cassandra-env.sh, and changed the -Xss180k => -Xss228k and
the node started.

    $ git pull https://github.com/jdsumsion/cassandra jdk7-updates

    https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/18.patch

----