From HuS.Andy <hushansm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Some node can not receive GossipDigestAckMessage
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 07:05:21 GMT
I got a wrong information, I thought X.X.X.104 and X.X.X.106 in same openstack cluster, it
truns out NOT. So I change the Snitch to Ec2MultiRegionSnitch, it works.

Best Regards,Andy Hu(胡 珊)

> From: hushansmile@hotmail.com
> To: dev@cassandra.apache.org
> Subject: Some node can not receive GossipDigestAckMessage
> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 01:46:49 +0000
>
> Hi,
> I am a newbie.
> NodeA Node B Node C, Node D are OpenStack VM,NodeA and NodeB on the same host X.X.X.104,
but Node C and NodeD on another host X.X.X.106 Cassandra version is 1.2.6.
> when I startup cassandra, I found there being two 2nodes'cluster instead of 4 nodes'cluster.
Node A and B, Node C and D.
> Then I open the log4j TRACE mode.
> I found something:Node A sending that GossipDigestAckMessage to Node B, Node B can receive
it, so NodeB can send GossipDigestAck2Message to NodeA. So A and B can be peers.But Node A
 Sending a GossipDigestAckMessage to NodeC, but Node C can not receive that ack msg, so C
and A keep sending GossipDigestSyn msg.
> I am cant find the key to solve this problem. May have something I configured wrong?
Who can help me out.