From mrevilgnome <mrevilgn...@gmail.com>
Subject Bitmap indexes - reviving CASSANDRA-1472
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:34:13 GMT
I'm currently building a distributed cluster on top of cassandra to perform
fast set manipulation via bitmap indexes. This gives me the ability to
perform unions, intersections, and set subtraction across sub-queries.
Currently I'm storing index information for thousands of dimensions as
cassandra rows, and my cluster keeps this information cached, distributed
and replicated in order to answer queries.

Every couple of days I think to myself this should really exist in C*.
Given all the benifits would there be any interest in
reviving CASSANDRA-1472?

Some downsides are that this is very memory intensive, even for sparse
bitmaps.