From Andrew Cobley <a.e.cob...@dundee.ac.uk>
Subject C* 1.2.2 vs Raspberry Pi
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 19:17:05 GMT
Stupidly I've locked myself out of JIRA and it doesn't seem to want to send me a password reset
so I'll send this bug report here.

As you guys may know I'v been running C* on a  Raspberry Pi cluster for experimental and educational
reasons.  It seems the startup script is borked for 1.2.2 when using JDK1.8 (early release)
on the PI.

In Cassandra-env.sh  lines 206-208

if [ "$JVM_VERSION" \> "1.7" ] ; then
    JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -XX:+UseCondCardMark"
fi

Are causing C* to not start on the Pi.  It's reporting :

Unrecognized VM option 'UseCondCardMark'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

It looks like this change came in for 1.2.2

Andy Cobley
School of Computing
University of Dundee