From "Pushkar Prasad" <pushkar.pra...@airtightnetworks.net>
Subject Very slow inserts
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:38:52 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Cassandra 1.2.1, and I am using COPY command to insert millions of
rows. Each row is 100 bytes long. The issue is that the insertion happens
rather slowly, at rate of 1500 rows per second. We have 3 node cluster with
50 GB disk space each, and 4 GB RAM each. Cassandra process is running with
max heap size of 1 GB. We are storing commit logs and data files on the same
disk. What could be the cause of this behaviour? Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Pushkar