From William Katsak <wkat...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Anti-Entropy Question
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 21:06:10 GMT
Hello,

I have a question that may seem strange. Assume that I have some *known* set of rows in a
(potentially very) large data set that I know are out of consistency across the replicas.
I can obviously bring these back into consistency by issuing standard reads (with read repair
probability set to 1.0) and letting the system take care of it. Of course I could also implement
new code as part of the system that takes this set of rows and programmatically issues internal
row resolution requests (I have done this).

What I am thinking about now is the possibility of doing this in bulkā€¦is it conceivably
possible to use the anti-entropy mechanism on a targeted set of data? The idea would be to
use the efficiency of the repair mechanism and associated bulk transfer without requiring
a check of the entire data set.

I've been spending a lot of time in the code, but just wanted to ask if anyone knows the feasibility
before I spend a lot of time delving into the anti-entropy stuff.

Thanks,
Bill Katsak