From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:12:35 GMT
The more I think about it, the more I think we should call 1.2-next,
2.0.  I'd like to spend some time paying off our technical debt:

- replace supercolumns with composites (CASSANDRA-3237)
- rewrite counters (CASSANDRA-4775)
- improve storage engine support for wide rows
- better stage management to improve latency (disruptor? lightweight
threads?  custom executor + queue?)
- improved repair (CASSANDRA-3362, 2699)

Of course, we're planning some new features as well:
- triggers (CASSANDRA-1311)
- improved query fault tolerance (CASSANDRA-4705)
- row size limits (CASSANDRA-3929)
- cql3 integration for hadoop (CASSANDRA-4421)
- improved caching (CASSANDRA-1956, 2864)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra