From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Removing 2-phase compaction question
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:33:35 GMT
> I'm finding myself modifying row serialization stuff in
> ColumnFamilySerializer, RowIndexEntry, SSTableReader/Writer,
> SimpleSliceReader, and others.

That mostly sound about right. As said in the ticket, if we stop writing the
size at the beginning of the rows, we need to have marker of the end of row
know when to stop reading. So this will change the file format somewhat and
should have an impact on quite a bit of files. The only one I'm not sure I
see
why you need modification is RowIndexEntry (maybe there is a good reason,
just
saying that a priori I'm not seeing which one).

> and that I haven't gone off the deep end

Feel free to put a wip branch somewhere if you want some feedback on the
approach, even if said branch is not even compiling.

--
Sylvain